Mr. Bender’s clients over the past five years:
- City of Cape Town, South Africa- Comprehensive short and long-term financial and tariff plan; development and implementation of customer service ‘turnaround’ program, including new Customer Service organization reporting to the Director
- Botswana Ministry of Minerals, Energy and Water Resources, and Botswana Water Utilities Corporation – comprehensive, long-term tariff (rates) study, including raw water extraction pricing options, for the national takeover of water and wastewater operations by a single para-statal water provider
- City of Los Angeles, CA, Department of Water and Power (DWP)- Independent Court Monitor of a Settlement Agreement under a class action lawsuit v. DWP, to resolve significant billing and customer service issues emanating from a poorly implemented Oracle Customer Care & Billing system (CC&B)
- Botswana Power Corporation and Botswana Ministry of Minerals, Energy, and Water Resources Comprehensive Long-Term Financial Strategy, to ensure long-term financial sustainability, elimination of Government operating subsidies, and affordable tariffs.
- City of Cleveland, Ohio – turnaround, organization-wide customer service improvement project for the City’s Water Division, under the direction of the Mayor
See CV/Resume for detail on each of the above clients.
Paul Bender, CPA, MBA
Paul L. Bender